Ninja blenders are trusted and used widely because of their top-notch design, good quality, and reasonable price. However, there are debates about the durability of the machine.
This problem not only comes from the manufacturer but also mostly depends on how the customers use and maintain them. In particular, the cleaning of the blender is a concern of many people because the machine’s structure is quite complicated, and easy to leave stains.
So what is a safe and effective method to clear up the blender to make it more durable? So, we would like to share a few of my experiences with you.
The Importance Of Cleaning Ninja Blender Regularly
For many people, cleaning the blender is quite complicated and time-consuming. Therefore, they often don’t pay much attention and spend time cleaning them carefully. However, this will lead to many health consequences and reduce the machine’s longevity.
After using, if you do not wash the blender thoroughly or leave it for too long before washing, this creates a good environment for pathogenic bacteria to arise. The longer you delay washing, the harder it is to remove stains. Therefore, after grinding, you should soak it in water and wash it to ensure hygiene and health protection.
3 Methods To Clean The Countertop And Bullet Ninja Blender
There are three main methods that you can use to clean your blender:
#Method 1: Self-Cleaning
This is how you should apply immediately after each use. This cleaning method is quick and simple, you need to prepare warm water and a little dishwashing liquid, then follow these steps:
- Step 1: Pour warm water into the blender to about half the pitcher’s capacity, add a drop of dishwashing liquid. Add a thinly sliced lemon or half a cup of white vinegar if the blade is dull.
- Step 2: Install the pitcher on the base, close the lid tightly. If there are some holes or cracks on the lid, hold it with a towel to prevent water from splashing out. Press the blender start button and keep the blender running for about ten seconds to clean the inside of the jar.
- Step 3: Turn off the machine, remove the pitcher from the base, pour out the water and rinse a few times with warm water.
- Step 4: Use a damp cloth to wipe away the dirt on the body of the blender. Turn upside down, let dry.
- Step 5: Reserve it in a cool place and free from strong smells.
#Method 2: Dishwasher
Cleaning with the self-cleaning mode is pretty convenient. However, your blender will not be completely clean, especially for tiny corners or cracks where the food gets stuck firmly. You can use the dishwasher to handle this job. The good news is that most Ninja blenders are dishwasher safe. The steps of this method are quite simple and more straightforward.
- Step 1: Unplug the motor from the power source. Remove the lid, blades from the base. If there are too many leftovers, you can wipe them with a wet cloth.
- Step 2: Place these items in the top rack of the dishwasher and choose the standard cycle.
- Step 3: After washing is complete, assemble or store the parts in a dry place.
#Method 3: Manual cleaning
Dishwasher cleaning is quite popular because it can remove stains quickly and with little effort. However, cleaning by hand is still the best solution because it can focus on cleaning the places where food residues are stuck. Sometimes, you need to conduct this method to ensure the complete removal of excess food and harmful bacteria in the blender.
- Step 1: Disassemble the jar and separate the blades from one another. To clean the blade, use a toothbrush. They can injure your hands, so be cautious. Clean the jar and cup with a silicone pad, dish soap, and warm water.
- Step 2: If you are afraid to disassemble the jar from the base (with the blade attached), you can fill half the jar’s capacity with warm water when the blades are too dirty, then add two pellets. Soak for at least half an hour and clean again with warm water. The drug will help kill bacteria and dissolve stubborn stains on the blade that persist through many uses.
- Step 3: Dry the parts and reassemble.
Cleaning immersion Ninja blender
- Step 1: Unplug the hand blender from the electrical outlet
- Step 2: Remove the parts of the machine in turn
- Step 3: You put all the parts of the machine (except the body) into warm water to soak for a few minutes so that the remaining dirt or food particles will disintegrate.
- Step 4: rinse a few times with a cloth and store in a cool place
How to deal with stubborn stains?
If your pitcher has not been used for a long time, has many tough stains, food particles clinging to the pitcher, you will need to use a mixture of baking soda, dishwashing liquid to clean, and then fill the jar with water. Remember to leave this overnight before blending and rinsing the jug with warm water.
How to keep the blender look new?
- In addition to general tips, read carefully and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning recommendations.
- Regularly use a dry cloth to clean the base.
In short, with the above simple steps to clean the blender, you can be more confident in cleaning and maintaining your blender. Of course, there are hundreds of methods to clean. I picked out some of them that I often used to share with you. I hope my article will help you not have to worry about using a dirty machine anymore.
Taylor Klaus is an expert bartender with 5 years of experience, she’s written over 100 blender tutorials and smoothie recipes. She’s a fan of nutrient-rich puree drinks. She wants to help people have a healthier life.